Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More on Phi Phi

Well today I am sick. I think it was the water from the shower or something that might have gotten in my mouth accidentally. I also got Chris's cold yesterday and I got a bit sunburnt at the beach yesterday too. So today I am really feeling bad.
For breakfast I could only manage to eat a bit of watermelon and pineapple, and then that made me sick. For lunch I had a little bit of dry ginger ale - and then that made me sick. I ate one oreo biscuit later, and then THAT made me sick! Now I am not eating anything. At least my cold is much better now.

Tomorrow we are leaving Phi Phi for Phuket, and going to visit the other island before we go which is meant to be really beautiful. It is where they filmed The Beach movie. I don't know if I will have the strength to do much though, so I'll just sit on the boat if I can't do anything else.

The tides here are really huge. When it's high tide we can't touch the bottom, the water is about 2m deep near the island. Then at low tide all the water is gone and you can just walk out for 200m along the sand towards the reef. It's nice at high tide, and the water is cooler too.

Ok well, I'm off to watch Chris eat dinner. There is a terrible band playing where I am now. They are AWFUL! I thought it was kareoke. Hopefully we won't be able to hear them down at the restaurant!

No comments: