We are finished with Greece, and have spent the past 4 days in Poland, in Grifino, near Szczecin, just over the border from Germany, with some family friends of Chris.
Leaving Greece was interesting, first we got the wine we bought as gifts confiscated, since you can no longer bring any liquids with you as carry on luggage on the plane ß although they didn't tell us this until we were going through the x-ray machine to get on the plane.
Then, since I was being wheeled through the airport in a wheelchair (walking on crutches is bloody painful and slow) I got loaded onto the plane like a hippo, in a big truck. It was an experience I don't plan on repeating!
Poland was nice, much nicer than I thought it would be and it was hotter than any day in Greece. It was a heatwave for Poland and everyone was saying that the heat was ridiculous (29C)!
We met Chris's little grandma (Babsia) and some other family friends and I learnt lots of Polish. Most of time we (me especially) were forced to eat and drink - alcohol! One little old lady we visited kept saying "Eat, eat, eat!" all the time while we were at her house and them topping up my glass with vodka that some guy had brought over from Russia and she liked it because it was 50%. I had a big headache by the time we left her house.
Yesterday was our last day in Poland before we came to where we are now, Berlin. We had a bit more of a look around the town. I also drank a bottle of wine (all by myself) and then last night we went to Darek's pub (the guy we were staying with, and I had to drink more vodka, about 7-8 drinks by the time we got home at 1am. Now that we are in Berlin I feel like I won't need to eat or drink anything for a long time. We were constantly feeling full!
I have some good photos, but I can#t post them on this computer, but I will try to get them up here in the next couple of days.
My foot seems to be getting better. I ripped off that cast in Poland, it was much more painful than before I got it on, as my foot got so hot inside it and got really swollen. Darek bought my some man-granny shoes to wear and it is much better. I got some big bruises from the cast and they are just going away now. Chris snuck into the Hilton here in Berlin and got the consierge to make us an appointment with an English speaking podiatrist. He wasn't happy to learn that we weren't staying there, but C gave him a €5 tip and he cheered up. We are going to the Dr tomorrow at 10am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment